Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day #35 - Family, Friends & Faith

Family, Friends & Faith

This morning my family and I was able to share a special moment with friends. It was their son's dedication ceremony. A dedication ceremony is the church welcoming of a child as a member of the congregation and the parent's promise to raise him/her as a Christian and according to the Bible. It was my first and it was a memorable experience. It was great to see such loving and involved parents beam with pride and joy as their young son was folded into the flock.

What I took from today's experience was reminder of the importance of family, friends and faith and them having a direct correlation. This is the foundation in which we want to build upon. More importantly, is the strength of this foundation. We strengthen these relationships with the help of our faith. Relying on a Higher power to help us with human relationships. When my fiance and I started dating he immediately introduced me to the important people in his life. I felt very special. His friends soon became my friends and his family took me in as their own. He is a man of strong conviction and faith and where I lack, he carries me. I did not come with a host of people in my life so there is a little one-sideness to our dynamic but we manage well with the strong support group we have formed. I am happy for our friends and their choice to serve as students of the Bible with their handsome son in tow. They are a strong family and it is because of their faith and strong family ties. I can only pray for the same.



Happy Sunday, Peeps!   

No comments:

Post a Comment