Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day #20 - Living Your Inspired Life & Artist Spotlight

About Me

I'm at the halfway mark...20 more days until the big 4-0! Anywhoo...my anxiety about turning a milestone age was fueled by my feelings of not accomplishing some things I wanted to before turning 40. I work in a niche environment surrounded by the most creative, intelligent and driven people I've ever known. Everyone is an expert in their own right. It is a network filled with the fresh-face 20 year old to the silver-haired 60something year old. Whether you are a college grad starting out in your career or an executive at the pinnacle of your career, you will fit into the culture of the network. I started working there at 28yrs old, mid-career, and 12 years later I still believe that there are opportunities to be ceased. In the interim I am doing what I love and finding great satisfaction from it. Of course, it has it's highs and lows and takes time and money but I am happy to have something I enjoy doing. My anxiety about being at a level of success by a certain age was based on me comparing myself to others I deemed successful. I had to abandon that way of thinking, quick. That way of thinking made me depressed. Not what I want for myself.

Today was my first fashion shoot for my company. I didn't think I would be so emotional when I got to the set but of course I was. From design, to product development to day of the shoot as Creative Director, I was floored to look out to see the people whom I selected, booked and employed. It was my day and I could not have done it without the amazing group of family and friends that assisted me in pulling it off. My fiance is one of the best things that happened to me and with him comes a crew of supportive, caring and kind loved ones that is beyond comparison. I did it, WE did it!! There is more work to be done and I am doing it on my clock. I am not rushing and I am not pressed against time. I know what I can and cannot handle. That is one of the perks of getting older; being secure in your feelings, wants and needs. There is a sense of caring but not getting swallowed up by the things that do not fit into your life's plan. It was only recent that I have adopted this mentality and it appears to be working for me. I concern myself with moving forward in a direction that fit into the plans I drafted for me and my family's life. Everything else is a red balloon, pretty while passing.  

About You

One of the reasons why I decided to do this countdown blog is to share all the things that I've gathered from other people that inspires me. I have met and came into contact with some very insightful people. Everyone have an uniqueness about them, a story to tell and something to share with the world. I am in a creative pool amongst fashion designers, motivational speakers, writers, educators, artists, singers, photographers, poets, entrepreneurs, small business owners, realtor's, mothers, fathers, actors...so much love and life in everything that they do. If it were not for the urging and support from them, I would not have explored my talent as I am now doing. It was the validation from those whom I respect as experts in their fields that gave me the courage to explore. When those who have your best interest at hand say "you can do it" they are genuine in their beliefs.

It may be cliche to say chase your dreams but it is a good cliche. I just started dreaming. I have no idea where this road may lead to but what is a road not traveled? Someone has to walk it so it might as well be you. We all have a different perception and definition of success but I think we can agree that you will have to first do something in order to be successful at it. Whatever you do in life, there is some sort of meter to be measured by. Progress is benchmark but reaching a set goal. Goals can be accomplishing a simple daily task to taking on the world. It is YOUR time to do it.

On your road you would want to travel with like-minded individuals however still respecting the passerby. You will also notice that you will get where you want to go faster if the road you travel has less luggage and traffic. I am a role model to my children and I strive to be an inspiration to my peers as they are to me. Looking to see where everyone else is going and what they are doing can be a deterrent, especially if they are not moving in the direction you are heading or traveling on a different road entirely. I made a conscious decision to make my life and business, my business and if anything inspires someone as I travel onward, that would be grand. Share your inspired life with the world.

Artist Spotlight: Asja Monet of Asja Monet HMF Collection

Barely in her 20's, entrepreneur, artist and jewelry designer Asja Monet is reaching heights in the competitive world of beauty and fashion. Hailing from Los Angeles, by the age of 16 she was established as the go-to person amongst her peers for all-things-beautiful. Asja was my personal stylist and I am happy to share that I have her on board for my next project shooting tomorrow. It was a no-brainer. She ROCKS!!


Beauty Artist: Asja Monet of Asja Monet HMF Collection takes lips to another level with her Ombre Lip Collection.

Tumblr: asjamonetba.tumblr.com
Face Book: Asja Monet HMF Collection
Asja's jewelry designs are unique and ornate pieces. She experiments w/different stones, metals, textures and styles to create one-of-a-kind works of art.

Contact Asja Monet via FaceBook for make-up artistry, hairstyling & jewelry design. Also available for your on-set hair and make-up needs. 


Happy Inspired Life, Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment