Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day #25 - Mommy Makeup Make-Over

Pretty In Pinks

Last week I reunited with one of my favs, Asja Monet Beauty Artist extraordinaire. She worked on a project of mine and of course we did what came natural, played dress up...with my face. I wanted a new popping daytime look that could transcend to an evening look with little effort on my part. First, I took a trip to ULTA to freshen up my makeup bag. After losing my makeup bag that took over a couple years to build, I never truly recovered. Nowadays, my bag is pretty basic and skimpy.

My trip last week to ULTA had my head spinning in a good way. So many great brands and looks to choose from. I must say that I am not hip to all the new awesome makeup brands, trends and looks out there. I was a walking target and the saleswomen could smell the inexperience a mile away. I was 'up-sold' all kinds of ways. It was cool, it was my makeup haul day. Anywhoo, after getting a few things I high-tailed it to Asja's for a Mommy Makeup Makeover. Here is the look...


I love the glowy peachy look. My favs are pinks, golds, browns and an occasional pop in lip color. Asja gave me a dramatic daytime look perfect for a sassy day out lunching or shopping. Adding a darker eyeshadow & red lips makes for an evening look. (Cosmetics: Stila, NYX, M.A.C. & Revlon; Eyebrows by Saidya at Benefit Brow Bar)

It's In The Bag

Building your makeup bag can take time and money. So to keep it simple below is the makeup kit essential list.


Mascara: No matter what your hair color, use black mascara. It will define your eyes and make you appear more wide awake.

 

Foundation: A full face of foundation can feel heavy, so instead of applying it all over, touch up only those areas where your skin tone appears uneven.

 

Concealer: Choose a concealer that is long wearing or gives medium to full coverage in a shade that's close to your skin tone.

 

Blush: To choose the right color for a subtle look, find a shade that's similar to the inside of your lip.

 

Eye Shadow: A neutral shade acts as a base and will instantly brighten eyes. Use one with a bit of sparkle for a more festive look.

 

Lipstick: Try a moisture-rich formula so your lips don't dry out. (The inner-lip trick for choosing blush works for lipstick shades, too.)

 

Brushes: One or two all-purpose brushes, like the medium-size dome brush here, will help. But in most cases a cotton swab (or a finger) will do.
https://www.realsimple.com

Happy Beautiful You, Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment