Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day #34 - What's Old Is New

Vintage Is The New Old

On Saturday I attended the Vintage Fashion Expo in Santa Monica, CA. It was grand. As soon as I stepped up to the venue's entrance I felt an immediate rush. I get this rush when I become overly excited about shopping. My eyes gloss over, my heart begin to heavily palpitate and I become like a kid in a candy store. It's dangerous. The best and worst part, there was thee most awesome vintage store/booth/set-up located at the VERY front of the venue...like before you even go in...like on the way in...like take my money now. I perused the expo four times over and filled a few bags with some awesomeness.

On my drive home from the expo I found myself thinking about my time there. How interesting the people in attendance were. How unique each and every shop was. How personable the owner's of each and every shop was. How beautiful and delicate the fashions were. The expo brings out a certain crowd; from the ageless beauties to the rockabilly hipsters and all those in between. I enjoyed myself. I enjoyed shopping at my speed and on my time. The irony of it all is that I felt a connection to the entire vintage experience, the "old" being new. We live in an age that relies heavily on machinery therefore some of the fashion is cookie cutter assembly line produced. Vintage fashion is the rave and most fashion enthusiasts are buying vintage. The detailing and craftsmanship 'of old' was/is impeccable. I had the chance to take it all in and examine items from the 20th and 21st century. It was amazing. What is even more amazing is how I see my journey of turning "old" a good thing as I am renewed by the great people, places and things around me. I am thankful.

The Digs

I was so overwhelmed with excitement and then I started to shop so my pics are limited because I was overwhelmed and shopping! I managed to purchased items from the '60s, '70s and '80s. My favorite shop was Thatch Vintage. Thatch Vintage was the shop that was located at the entrance of the venue that was instantly and ultimately my fav. I was able to snatch up a great Diane Von Furstenberg dress that I adore and cannot wait to don. Thatch is a mobile boutique in a converted trailer. It is decorated so freakin' awesome! From the outside to the inside, simply wonderful! The shopkeepers were the most kindest and gorgeous people who made my shopping experience worth while.
 
 
Thatch Vintage Mobile Boutique




 
 
Catch Thatch Vintage here:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Shopping, Peeps!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment